LAKELAND, Fla. (WFLA) — A 28-year-old man has been arrested after he barricaded himself in a Lakeland home following a shooting at a fast food restaurant.

According to the Lakeland Police Department, Calvin Jordan Sousa, 28, was arrested and charged in connection to a shooting that occurred early Saturday morning.

Authorities said officers were dispatched to the McDonald’s located at 5325 Frontage Road after a fight had broken out between two men. As officers were en route to the fast food chain, dispatchers received an update that shots had been fired.

Upon arrival, officers located a minivan in the roadway directly in from of the restaurant. Police said they found a 28-year-old woman inside a vehicle suffering from multiple gunshot wounds. Authorities said a 34-year-old man was rendering aid until first responders arrived.

Following the shooting, the 28-year-old woman was taken to Lakeland Regional Health with serious injuries. According to police, she’s in stable condition, while the man declined medical treatment.

At that point, police said Sousa had fled the scene in a white-colored vehicle.

The Lakeland Police Department stated that before the shooting, the victims were in the drive-thru line waiting for their order, which had been delayed due to an error. While in line, Sousa, who was behind the victims, became upset and “began honking and yelling.”

Both the male victim and Sousa then got out of their vehicles and began physically fighting. After the “brief fight,” both men returned to their vehicles.

Then, just as the vehicles began to leave the parking lot, police said Sousa pulled up to the passenger side of the victims’ minivan and fired multiple shots into the vehicle.

Through witness statements and evidence at the scene, officers identified Sousa’s vehicle and tracked it to a residence in Highland City. Police said vehicle registration confirmed the suspect to be Sousa. Witnesses at the scene also verified he was the one who fired shots.

Once Lakeland police and the Polk County Sheriff’s Office attempted to make contact with Sousa at the residence Sunday morning, Sousa refused to exit the home, barricading himself inside.

Eventually, Sousa exited the home and was taken into custody. According to police, Sousa has been charged with two counts of attempted first-degree murder, shooting into an occupied vehicle, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, and improper exhibition of a firearm.

This is a developing story that will be updated with information as we receive it.