POLK COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – UPDATE | Authorities have canceled a Silver Alert that was issued for a missing Winter Haven man.
Deputies said 81-year-old Hillery Branam was found safe in Brevard County.
Further information was not available.
ORIGINAL STORY | The Polk County Sheriff’s Office has activated a Silver Alert in an effort to locate a missing Winter Haven man who suffers from dementia.
Hillery Branam, 81, left his home on Avenue A in the Wahneta area around 4 p.m. Wednesday. He is believed to be driving a 2018 silver Chevrolet Equinox SUV. Deputies said the vehicle has scratches on the hood and a small dent on a bumper on the rear driver’s side.
A photo of Branam was included in the notice. He is white, 5 feet 8 inches and has gray hair, and was last seen wearing a blue shirt, blue jeans, suspenders and glasses.
Deputies are asking anyone with information regarding his whereabouts to call Sgt. Lawton at 863-280-0510, or the Polk County Sheriff’s Office at 863-298-6200.
- Chinese city reports coronavirus found on ice cream
- Pasco County adds 4 vaccination clinics for residents 65+; registration opens at 2 p.m. Sunday
- Harris to be sworn in by Justice Sotomayor at inauguration
- Coast Guard helps rescue woman, 2 dogs from boat taking on water near Shell Key
- Dr. Dre back home after reported brain aneurysm treatment