LAKELAND, Fla. (WFLA) – Police have issued a Silver Alert for the former Deputy Chief of the Lakeland Police Department.
Lakeland police say 82-year-old Clarence Grier went missing in Lakeland on Wednesday.
Grier was last seen around 4:30 p.m. in the area of West 8th Street, driving a red Ford F-150 with the Florida tag ID49LX.
Grier is 5 feet 11 inches and weighs approximately 160 pounds. He was wearing jeans and a black jacket before he disappeared.
A license plate reader detected Grier’s truck north of Ocala this morning around 5:30 am. Mr. Grier’s family has advised he suffers from Dementia/Alzheimers.
Grier was a Deputy Chief with LakelandPD from 1993 to 1997.
Police are asking anyone with information regarding his whereabouts to call 863-834-6900.
- Citrus County nursing home resident injured, DCF investigating
- Florida Rep. Steube, 13 other House Republicans urge Biden to take cognitive test
- California Gov. Gavin Newsom assaulted by ‘aggressive’ man in Oakland
- United Airlines to update dress code for flight attendants; relax rules on tattoos, makeup, nose piercings
- First case of rabies confirmed in Polk County in 2021