LAKELAND, Fla. (WFLA) – Police have issued a Silver Alert for the former Deputy Chief of the Lakeland Police Department.
Lakeland police say 82-year-old Clarence Grier went missing in Lakeland on Wednesday.
Grier was last seen around 4:30 p.m. in the area of West 8th Street, driving a red Ford F-150 with the Florida tag ID49LX.
Grier is 5 feet 11 inches and weighs approximately 160 pounds. He was wearing jeans and a black jacket before he disappeared.
A license plate reader detected Grier’s truck north of Ocala this morning around 5:30 am. Mr. Grier’s family has advised he suffers from Dementia/Alzheimers.
Grier was a Deputy Chief with LakelandPD from 1993 to 1997.
Police are asking anyone with information regarding his whereabouts to call 863-834-6900.
- 17-year-old Sesame Place worker punched in the face by couple over mask policy, police say
- Disney World ticket is just $49 a day for Florida residents
- Burned bear recovering from severe wildfire burns
- Second stimulus check: Where Biden, Harris stand on COVID payment proposals
- Trump Administration eases showerhead rules after president complains of water flow