TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – A second arrest was made Friday in the slayings of a former Lakeland city commissioner and her husband, police announced Saturday.
Marcelle Waldon, 36, is suspected of killing Edith Yates Henderson and David Henderson at the couple’s home on Lake Morton Drive on Nov. 10. Waldon was arrested on Nov. 12.
Police said Waldon stabbed the couple to death and stole their jewelry and other items. Police also believe he tried to burn down their home and stole their Audi, which was found set on fire.
Police said Waldon gave the jewelry Jarvis Collins, who pawned it. According to police, Collins was aware the jewelry was stolen and that Waldon killed the couple beforehand.
Collins, 37, was arrested and charged with two counts of false owner info pawned items less than $300, one count of accessory after the fact of a first-degree felony, one count of tampering with physical evidence, and two counts of dealing in stolen property.
He is being held at the Polk County Jail.
- Deputies investigating drug-related homicide in Polk County
- Florida coronavirus: Resident death toll surpasses 18,000
- Lakeland Regional Health offering antibody drug to high-risk COVID-19 patients
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 6,586 new cases, 61 new fatalities
- Polk County couple arrested after severely abused, beaten teen found in woods avoids prison time