POLK COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – The Polk County Sheriff’s Office is seeking tips to solve the killing of a 21-year-old Publix warehouse employee who was found dead in an orange grove in Lake Wales.
The man, Danne Frazier of Winter Haven, was reported missing after he didn’t come home from work on Nov. 4.
Deputies said Frazier was last seen around 2:20 a.m. at the Wawa gas station on Englewood Drive. This was about 20 minutes after he left the Publix warehouse in Lakeland.
His body was found Tuesday in an orange grove off Helicopter Road. An autopsy performed Friday will determine his cause of death.
“As we recreate the final days of this young man’s life, we know that there are those out there who know what happened to him. You can remain completely anonymous—and get cash—for your information. All you have to do is contact Heartland Crime Stoppers. He was brutally murdered, and then dumped in an orange grove, and his family deserves justice.”
The sheriff’s office is asking anyone with information to call them at 863-298-6200.
- Watch: Jet forced to make emergency landing after losing part of wing in air
- USF names Amir Abdur-Rahim new basketball coach
- Is Florida seafood safe to eat during red tide blooms?
- New study finds plants ‘scream’ when stressed or injured, raising questions about communication
- Florida lawmakers react to passing of permitless carry bill