POLK COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Polk County is under a Tropical Storm Watch due to Hurricane Dorian.
Polk County Emergency Management officials scaled down operations over the weekend, but they will continue to monitor the storm.
That means shelters will not open in the county.
However, schools will be closed Tuesday and Wednesday.
Although the news is looking better for the county, county officials urged residents not to let their guard down until the threat of Dorian passes.
- Trump: Mideast peace plan likely rolled out in days
- Bill would shield state lawmakers’ addresses from public record
- Florida lawmakers hoping to increase penalties for bear poaching
- Missing St. Petersburg Rottweiler reunited with owner after wild odyssey
- Has Tampa cracked down on illicit health spas as promised in 2018?