POLK COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — A 29-year-old Lake Wales man won $5 million after buying a $20 million scratch-off lottery ticket at a gas station on US Highway 27.
The Florida Lottery said Derrious Bradwell bought the GOLD RUSH CLASSIC ticket at Bullard Citgo at 19509 US Highway 27. He chose to receive his winnings as a one-time lump-sum payment of $3.55 million.
The gas station will receive a $10,000 bonus commission for selling the winning ticket.
- Photos: Halloween costumes from across Tampa Bay
- Tracking the Tropics: Tropical Depression 29 forms over central Caribbean Sea
- USL Championship Final canceled, Rowdies season comes to end
- Florida coronavirus: Percent positive nears 8%
- 4 adults, 1 child hospitalized with ‘serious’ injuries after Pasco Co. crash