BARTOW, Fla. (AP) — A Polk County man faces up to 15 years in prison for fatally punching another man in the face.
Travis Brian Barlow, 37, was found guilty of manslaughter last week in Polk County, the Ledger reported. His sentencing is scheduled for April 30.
Barlow went to the Lakeland home of Adam Frank Hoffman, 38, in June 2018, the sheriff’s office said. Barlow was apparently angry that Hoffman had disrespected Barlow’s girlfriend earlier.
Barlow acknowledged to deputies that he hit Hoffman once, though other witnesses said Barlow hit the other man twice, officials said. The blows triggered a hemorrhage in Hoffman’s brain that led to his death.
Barlow was arrested the next day, deputies said.
- Then vs. now: Aerial videos taken 2 weeks apart show stark difference on Clearwater Beach in wake of coronavirus
- State approves new area code for Tampa area
- Amazon fires warehouse worker who led walkout over coronavirus
- Husband hides symptoms to visit wife in maternity ward, Strong Hospital officials say
- Get $200 to watch your favorite Disney movie