WINTER HAVEN, Fla. (WFLA) – The Winter Haven Police Department is searching for a suspect following a double homicide at the Rose Motel.
According to Winter Haven Police Chief Charlie Bird, officers conducted a welfare check at the hotel and found two people dead inside their hotel room.
The mother of one of the victims called police after she didn’t hear from her son, 40-year-old Timothy Anderson, who she said checks in with her daily.
When officers went into the hotel room they found the bodies of Anderson and 49-year-old Leslee Umpleby who both had significant trauma, according to Bird.
Police say a witness saw someone wearing a hoodie go towards Anderson and Umpleby’s room sometime after 11 p.m. on Oct. 13 and heard a commotion, however, they were not sure what it was and went back to their room.
Investigators are hoping someone knows the identity or whereabouts of the person wearing the hoodie.
Anyone with information is asked to call Winter Haven Police at 863-287-8210.
This is a developing story stick with WFLA for updates.
MORE TOP STORIES
- Rays fans at watch party react to disappointing loss
- Protests, looting in Philadelphia after police fatally shoot Black man Walter Wallace Jr.
- Trump campaign says website briefly ‘defaced’
- Deputies searching for suspect following shooting in Safety Harbor
- Florida mother accepts plea deal for 23 years in starvation death of 13-month-old daughter