WINTER HAVEN, Fla. (WFLA) – Winter Haven police are hoping you can help recognize a man who switched the bar codes on grocery items when checking out at a local Walmart.
Police say the man went to the Walmart, located at 7450 Cypress Gardens Blvd, and switched bar codes on items totaling $244.
When asked for a receipt by a store associate, police say the employee was quickly able to determine that his cart was full of items more than $15.
The man started to walk back into the store with the associated, however, turned around and darted out of the door, police say.
According to police, the man jumped into a red or burgundy Nissan Sentra. They believe he has a Caribbean accent.
If you know who the man is, please contact 863-401-2256.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Biden, Harris to receive first intelligence briefing Monday
- Georgia Aquarium’s largest female whale shark, Trixie, dies
- Beloved Polk City librarian dies weeks after being run over by teens, deputies say
- Black bear spotted roaming neighborhoods in Polk County
- Clearwater police sergeant helps homeless man ahead of cold front