LAKELAND, Fla. (WFLA) — Lakeland police are investigating a double homicide that occurred near Lake Morton Tuesday evening.
Detectives are canvassing the area near Lake Morton between Mississippi Avenue and Orange Park Avenue for potential witnesses and evidence related to the case.
Police do not believe there is eminent danger to the local neighborhood.
“This is a very nice neighborhood,” Police Chief Ruben Garcia said. “We’ve had very few calls throughout the year here. There’s no reason to be alarmed. The situation is contained.”
- Storms increase late this afternoon
- Woman hurt in crash with Florida Highway Patrol Trooper in Pinellas County
- A stormy afternoon in store Monday
- Police: Florida man arrested after 3-year-old son shoots himself in the face
- Winners and losers from the Democratic tax, health care and climate change bill