LAKELAND, Fla. (WFLA) – The Lakeland Police Department is holding a memorial service Tuesday for fallen Officer Kenneth Foley.
The memorial service is being held at the First Baptist Church at the Mall, located at 1010 East Memorial Blvd. The public is welcome to attend. The family just asks that no filming or photography take place inside the church.
Burial services will be held at Oak Hill Cemetery immediately after church services. The procession is expected to leave the church between 2:15 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.
The 57-year-old officer died while he was on duty last week. Foley spent 29 years with the Lakeland Police Department and served eight years in the Marines Corps.
He is survived by his wife and two daughters.
LATEST POLK COUNTY NEWS:
- Infant survives crash that kills 25-year-old Polk County woman
- Florida man banned from Disney World after ‘challenging’ mask rule, video shows
- Newly reopened Polk Museum of Art offers escape from COVID-19 stress
- Florida coronavirus: State surpasses 675K total coronavirus cases
- Haines City doctor, nurse ignored signs of breast cancer, lawsuit claims