LAKELAND, Fla. (WFLA) – The Lakeland Police Department is holding a memorial service Tuesday for fallen Officer Kenneth Foley.
The memorial service is being held at the First Baptist Church at the Mall, located at 1010 East Memorial Blvd. The public is welcome to attend. The family just asks that no filming or photography take place inside the church.
Burial services will be held at Oak Hill Cemetery immediately after church services. The procession is expected to leave the church between 2:15 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.
The 57-year-old officer died while he was on duty last week. Foley spent 29 years with the Lakeland Police Department and served eight years in the Marines Corps.
He is survived by his wife and two daughters.
LATEST POLK COUNTY NEWS:
- Bartow woman arrested for child neglect, DUI
- Free flu shots available for Tampa Bay residents
- Hundreds expected to pack Polk Co. School Board meeting
- Rep. Bell says she ‘articulated wrong’ when she called for a school board member to be removed
- Police: Man falls asleep in Polk Co. Walgreens, wakes up after store closes, steals cigarettes