POLK COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – The Polk County Sheriff’s Office has located a man who is accused of impersonating a US Marshal.
According to deputies, the man posed as the marshal on June 4 in order to steal money from an elderly man.
Deputies have received an arrest warrant for 35-year-old Adam Willis, who is known to frequent the hotels on Memorial Boulevard in Lakeland, the North Combee Road area and the downtown Lakeland area.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Lightning beat Stars 3-2 in Game 2, get even in Stanley Cup
- Dolphin rescued from pond after being trapped by Hurricane Laura storm surge
- Michael Jordan, Hamlin partner on NASCAR team for Wallace
- Florida decision likely clears Patriots owner of soliciting sex
- Protesters call on Sen. Lindsey Graham to stop confirmation of SCOTUS nominee