WINTER HAVEN, Fla. (WFLA) – A man is accused of killing two women whose bodies were found at a home in Winter Haven earlier this month.
Antonio Jamar Davis was initially considered a “person of interest” in the deaths of 23-year-old Chanel Zhane Brown and 42-year-old Latoya Dimitria Owens.
He went before a judge around 1 p.m. Wednesday and the judge ordered him held on no bond.
The women were found shot to death in a home on Avenue V Northwest on Oct. 6. Police suspect the shooting happened the night before or earlier that day. Davis’ DNA was found at the scene, according to detectives.
The night of the killings, Davis, who already had an active warrant for aggravated assault, turned himself in to police in Lakeland.
On Wednesday, he was charged with two counts of first-degree murder, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and tampering with evidence.
He remains at the Polk County Jail.
- Man shot, killed after assaulting 2 others with knife in Ruskin, deputies say
- Storm Team 8 Forecast: Showers likely today before turning much colder tonight
- George Kittle: From fifth-round pick to Pro Bowler
- Water main break impacting traffic on Memorial Highway
- Police investigating after dog thrown off 29-foot overpass