POLK COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Authorities say a man was detained under the Baker Act after he barricaded himself inside a home in Mulberry.
The Polk County Sheriff’s Office responded to a disturbance in the area of Shepherd Road and Norriswood Drive on Tuesday morning.
When they arrived, the man went inside the home and would not come out.
Officers closed off the road and negotiated with the suspect.
A couple of hours later, the man was safely taken into custody and the roadway was reopened.
Further information was not available.
- Kershaw, Dodgers take Game 1 over Rays
- Police investigating after 3 people shot in Tampa, 1 dead
- Tempers flare over mask mandate, parents say they don’t want kids ‘forced’ to cover-up in class
- Florida considers not releasing daily COVID-19 case numbers to the public
- All Americans get a free taco after stolen base in Game 1 of World Series