POLK COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – The Polk County Board of County Commissioners met Tuesday morning to discuss the county budget and issues concerning the coronavirus pandemic.
Among the items on the agenda is a vote on whether or not to purchase 1 million masks to distribute to residents. Commissioners passed a resolution stating they strongly encourage people to follow CDC guidelines, including wearing a mask and social distancing. They did not pass any kind of mandate or even consider it.
News Channel 8 will have an update on the meeting soon.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Polk County principal dies suddenly at 50, remembered as compassionate leader of Bok Academy South
- Man accused of hiding in Hernando teen’s bedroom for month sentenced to 15 years in prison
- Canadian PM Trudeau follows through with bet after Lightning Stanley Cup win
- Sarasota Memorial Hospital re-activates no visitor policy due to rise in COVID-19 cases
- Walmart requiring vaccination, masks for many employees