POLK COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – The Polk County Board of County Commissioners met Tuesday morning to discuss the county budget and issues concerning the coronavirus pandemic.
Among the items on the agenda is a vote on whether or not to purchase 1 million masks to distribute to residents. Commissioners passed a resolution stating they strongly encourage people to follow CDC guidelines, including wearing a mask and social distancing. They did not pass any kind of mandate or even consider it.
News Channel 8 will have an update on the meeting soon.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Typical August weather this week
- Stars, Golden Knights players kneel during American and Canadian national anthems
- Woman says 4-foot snake ‘slithered up’ from toilet in Colorado apartment
- Driver suffers life-threatening injures in crash with HART bus, police say
- More than half of American adults have experienced a loss of income because of COVID-19