LAKELAND, Fla. (WFLA) — A Lakeland man left a Circle K gas station $1 million richer after buying a new $20 scratch-off game.
Lakeland resident Joe Hayes, 61, played the 200X THE CASH game he purchased at the Circle K at 8324 US Highway 98 North. He won a $1 million prize and chose a lump sum payment of $890,000.
The store received a $2,000 bonus commission for selling the winning ticket.
The odds of winning money in the 200X THE CASH game are 1 in 2.96.
Just a few days ago, a Sarasota woman won $2 million from another version of this new scratch-off game.
- SpaceX, NASA push Crew-2 mission launch to Friday
- Prince fans headed to Paisley Park five years after death
- Police release body cam footage of officer shooting, killing 16-year-old girl in Ohio
- Rollover crash on I-275 snarling traffic in Tampa
- Earth Week: Saving water saves planet – and money, Tampa Bay conservationist says