BARTOW, Fla. (AP) — A Florida man has been sentenced to life in prison for beating his father to death with a ball-peen hammer.
The Ledger reports that 27-year-old Vincent Moccia was sentenced Thursday after a Polk County jury found him guilty of first-degree murder.
Prosecutors say Moccia went into 52-year-old Anthony Moccia’s bedroom while the older man was sleeping in November 2015 and struck the older man in the head multiples times. Vincent Moccia then grabbed his puppy and left. He crashed his truck into a utility pole not far from the Lakeland home.
- Hotel housekeeper took women’s panties from guests, left note with phone number, police say
- All eyes on QBs as Packers host Bucs for NFC championship
- Grindr date leaves teen in hospital for nearly a month, scarred for life
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Mostly sunny, warm and dry through Wednesday in Tampa Bay
- 14 men arrested, charged with 541 counts of child porn in Manatee County