POLK COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — A 25-year-old Polk County woman died after crashing her car into a tractor trailer Friday evening. An infant in the car survived.
Officials said a 25-year-old Lake Wales woman was traveling south on Boy Scout Road with a 1-year-old boy in the car. The Polk County Sheriff’s Office said the woman ran a stop sign at State Road 60 and crashed into a tractor trailer.
The Florida Highway Patrol said the woman was killed in the crash. She was wearing a seatbelt. The infant suffered minor injuries.
The 50-year-old driver of the tractor trailer was not injured.
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Record heat expected again today
- Parents in Tampa Bay spend big for Halloween-at-home, want kids to enjoy ‘normal’ night
- Lanes closed after deadly crash on Bee Ridge Road in Sarasota
- Pasco County COVID-19 patient opens up about lingering symptoms after the virus
- Jamie Foxx mourns death of sister DeOndra Dixon: ‘My heart is shattered’