LAKELAND, Fla. (WFLA) – The Lakeland Police Department has located the remains of a woman who was reported missing on June 30.
According to police, 22-year-old Takeria Adderly’s vehicle was located abandoned in southeast Lakeland. Evidence from her vehicle recovery led investigators to identify Cristian Darrach, 21, in Adderly’s disappearance.
Detectives say Darrach has been charged for grand theft and burglary of Adderly’s vehicle, as well as additional charges of tampering with evidence and violation of probation and remains in the Polk County Jail.
Police say Darrach currently remains a primary person of interest in Adderly’s disappearance and now her death.
This remains an open and active investigation.
Anyone with information related to the case is encouraged to contact Detective Cory Lawson at 863-834-8975.
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Isaias heads north; drier air locally
- Dunkin’s free coffee Mondays begin Aug. 3
- Investigation underway for deputy-involved fatal shooting in Sarasota County
- Do they really work? Putting UV sanitizers to the test
- Florida sheriff: Burger King worker shot, killed in waiting dispute