POLK COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Polk County Sheriff’s deputies have arrested two women in connection with the death of a 55-year-old man.
According to Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd, deputies first responded to reports of gunshots in the Eloise area of Winter Haven on Wednesday.
Sheriff Grady Judd says when deputies arrived they did not find any evidence of a problem, but returned the next day and discovered the body of Gregory Shull.
The sheriff says Shull has a long criminal history involving theft, drug use and violence.
Deputies soon learned Shull had a relationship with Stacy Testerman and that Testerman also had a relationship with Shadria Pinkston.
Pinkston had just been released from jail and believed Shull had assaulted Testerman.
Deputies learned that Shull obtained a .22 caliber handgun and got into an argument with Shull and killed him.
Sheriff Judd said Pinkston was “rescuing” Testerman from abuse by Shull and allegedly shot Shull in order to help Testerman to get away from Shull.
The sheriff says this is not a case of self-defense. Testerman and Pinkston are facing charges of murder, the investigation is ongoing.
Charges are pending in this case for both women.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 key moments from the final showdown
- Pro-Trump students explain reason for impromptu parade, call heckling Biden supporters ‘immature’
- Kid Rock, golfer John Daly asked to mask up at final presidential debate
- Here’s how Hunter Biden became a campaign issue
- Son restores 1955 Ford Thunderbird to grant dad’s dying wish