WINTER HAVEN, Fla. (WFLA) — A Haines City man was arrested Sunday after fatally shooting a man and injuring another after an argument at a local bar, according to deputies.

The Polk County Sheriff’s Office said the shooting happened at 5:00 p.m. at the Shady Cove Bar & Grill on State Road 544 East, in an unincorporated part of Haines City.

“It’s been a long time since I’ve arrived at a bar to find knives, stilettos, guns, blood all over the bar floor,” said Sheriff Grady Judd.

The sheriff’s office said that incident began as an argument between Joshua Badillo, 31, of Haines City and a a motorcycle gang that was at the bar.

Sheriff Judd said the initial disturbance between Badillo and the motorcyclists calmed down when he bought them a round of beer.

However, Badillo then followed them to an outdoor part of the bar and continued to harass them until he was asked to leave, the sheriff’s office said.

Joshua Badillo, 31, of Haines City (Credit: Polk County Sheriff’s Office)

“[The motorcyclists] weren’t being rowdy,” Judd said. “They weren’t out of control. They were minding their own business, and we’ve got Joshua Badillo. He drank him some liquid courage and decided he’d march around like a banty rooster. Now we’ve clipped his wings.”

The sheriff said as Badillo left, he continued to argue with the group until he turned back around, pushed past several people, and fired at the group — hitting a 32-year-old man from Lakeland.

In response, a 54-year-old man from Plant City ran outside and shot at Badillo as he ran away to his vehicle, according to the sheriff’s office.

Deputies said the two men exchanged gunfire as the suspect drove away, wounding each other in the process.

The 54-year-old ended up dying from a gunshot wound to the chest shortly after arriving at a hospital, according to the sheriff’s office. The 32-year-old was also hospitalized for gunshot wounds in his hand and groin, but deputies said he is still alive.

Badillo was later found wounded at his parents’ house. He was taken to a hospital for treatment and was charged with first-degree murder, attempted first-degree murder, and tampering with evidence.

“We had a real life shoot out for a few minutes and we’ve got a dead person as a result of it and this guy should spend the rest of his life in prison for his effort,” Judd said.