LAKELAND, Fla. (WFLA) — Police are searching for suspects after a well-known Lakeland couple was found dead in their home on Tuesday.
Police identified the couple Wednesday as former Lakeland City Commissioner Edith Henderson, formerly Edith Yates, 67 , and her husband David Henderson, 63.
Yates served as a Lakeland City Commissioner from 2006 until the beginning of 2018.
Police are calling their deaths a homicide.
After receiving a request for a wellness check, officers responded to the Henderson’s home in the 100 block of Lake Morton Drive and found the couple dead.
A Lakeland police spokesperson told 8 On Your Side that investigators doubt it was a murder-suicide, and they are searching for whoever is responsible for their deaths.
Anyone with information related to the case is asked to contact Detective Tammy Hathcock at 863.834.6975 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To remain anonymous, contact Heartland Crime Stoppers by calling 1-800-226 TIPS (8477) or visit www.heartlandcrimestoppers.com and click on “Submit A Tip.”
- Deadly shooting stemmed from argument over suspect dating victim’s daughter, Polk County deputies say
- Grieving Polk County dad wants son remembered, accused killers tried as adults
- Two 16-year old boys arrested in death of teen at Bartow park
- 2 teens arrested in ambush killing of 17-year-old Taigur Taguri in Bartow
- Lakeland youth pastor accused of trying to have sex with minor, sheriff says