POLK COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — The Polk County Sheriff’s Office released security footage from the Dollar General where the suspected shooter in the Frostproof ‘massacre’ interacted with one of his soon-to-be victims at the cash register.
Sheriff Grady Judd says the security footage shows Damion Tillman checking out at the counter of the Dollar General store when TJ Wiggins gets behind him in line.
Judd said Wiggins heard Tillman tell the clerk he was “going fishing with Keven Springfield.” TJ reportedly replied, “What? Keven’s gonna be there?”
The conversation appears to be non-hostile and the video ends with Damion Tillman exiting the store, shortly followed by TJ Wiggins, Robert Wiggins, and Mary Whittemore.
Judd said ten minutes later, TJ Wiggins shot and killed Damion Tillman and his two friends.
- Texas homecoming queen gives crown to childhood friend
- Venice Theatre, heart of community destroyed
- VIDEO: Florida deputies form human chain to rescue woman from floodwaters
- People helping other in Fort Myers, shocked by damage
- ‘Hell on earth’: Wauchula residents face floods and fire in aftermath of Hurricane Ian