BARTOW, Fla. (WFLA) – Polk County Sheriff’s Office deputies arrested an elementary school teacher on a charge of domestic violence battery after detectives say she hit her boyfriend with a metal chair during an argument.
Holly Seckinger, 44, is a teacher at Auburndale Central Elementary School.
Deputies responded to a call about a family disturbance at Seckinger’s Bartow home on Tuesday, Dec. 19.
When deputies arrived, they say Seckinger told them that she and her live-in boyfriend were involved in an argument. During the argument, the boyfriend left and went to his mother’s home
Deputies interviewed the boyfriend at his mother’s residence. He told deputies that he and Seckinger were involved in an argument that turned physical when Holly intentionally threw a metal chair at him, striking him in the hand.
The boyfriend told deputies this was done intentionally and against his will. He suffered a minor scratch to the hand because of the incident.
Deputies arrested Seckinger on a charge of domestic violence battery. She was booked into the Polk County Jail.STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Clearwater woman awakens to find intruder in her bedroom, man suspected in other cases
- Polk County girl dies after collapsing during soccer game
- Tampa police investigate possible connection to deadly shooting on Suncoast Parkway
- FHP: Mother of missing Sarasota teen Jabez Spann fatally hits pedestrian who walked in front of car
- Apopka couple among 12 killed in Mexico bus crash
- Arrest warrant issued for attorney accused of making porn videos with inmates at 2 local jails
- Longtime sportscaster Dick Enberg found dead at home at 82
- Lose a ring? Miami airport looking for owner of diamond engagement ring
- Elderly couple says 60 pounds of pot was for presents
- WATCH: Couple gets married underwater in the Florida Keys