POLK COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – The Polk County Sheriff’s Office says a man has died after a crash on U.S. 27 in Lake Wales.
The accident, which involved two vehicles, happened in the southbound lanes of U.S. Highway 27, just south of Warner University.
It’s unclear if anyone else was injured.
The crash forced the closure of all southbound lanes of the highway, but all lanes have since reopened.
Further information was not immediately available.
- Florida sheriffs continue to push back on criminal justice reforms
- ‘We just need some leads’ Family pleads for help on 11th day of elderly woman’s disappearance
- Man immediately arrested after lighting blunt in court
- Jimmy Garoppolo says Tom Brady sent him ‘good luck’ text ahead of Super Bowl LIV
- Goat and police K-9 compete for honorary mayor of Vermont town