POLK COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – The Polk County Sheriff’s Office says a man has died after a crash on U.S. 27 in Lake Wales.
The accident, which involved two vehicles, happened in the southbound lanes of U.S. Highway 27, just south of Warner University.
It’s unclear if anyone else was injured.
The crash forced the closure of all southbound lanes of the highway, but all lanes have since reopened.
Further information was not immediately available.
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Hot & humid with scattered storms through Tuesday; Strong cold front arrives Wednesday
- Lightning miss out on another OT clincher, head to Game 6
- Driver loses control, crashes into tree in Bartow
- ‘If it sounds too good to be true’: Fake auto sales rise during pandemic
- Giant rat wins animal hero award for sniffing out landmines