LAKELAND, Fla. (WFLA) – Three children and an adult are injured after a car plowed into a home daycare in Lakeland Tuesday.
Around 4:55 p.m., the Lakeland Police Department said a driver in a Dodge Durango was backing up from the side yard of 1501 West 7th Street attempting to enter the roadway. While backing up, the driver stopped to maneuver around a bush, then began driving forward.
While moving forward, police say the SUV suddenly accelerated and crashed into the front of the home, coming to a final rest inside a room where three children were playing.
Multiple rescue units arrived at the scene and began providing life-saving measures on the children. The three injured children were then airlifted to Tampa General Hospital for further treatment. The driver of the vehicle was also hospitalized to treat minor injuries.
The children hospitalized were two 2-year-old boys and a 9-month-old girl. They currently said to be in stable condition
The crash is currently being investigated as an accident.
- ‘We’re in the hotbed of COVID’ Sarasota teacher voices concerns about going back to school
- Retired HCSO officer involved in fatal shooting in Weeki Wachee, deputies say
- Lawmakers hope other teams will follow Redskins’ lead
- The New Review: Protect your hands from cheesy snacks with “Chip Fingers”
- TPD looking for driver who plowed through Humane Society play yard