TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – A person riding a bicycle was killed after being struck by multiple vehicles on U.S. 27 in Lake Wales on Thursday, police said.
The incident occurred just south of State Road 60 at about 6 p.m. Thursday.
Police said the bicyclist had attempted to cross the southbound lanes of U.S. 27. Several vehicles were able to dodge him, but he was eventually struck by a vehicle behind them before being hit by four more vehicles. He died at the scene.
No drivers or passengers were hurt during the incident, police said.
Police said the crash remains under investigation. Those with information are being asked to call detectives at 863-678-4223 ext. 550.
- Clearwater city leaders, transit authority move forward with new transit center
- Tickets go on sale for Jingle Ball concert with Backstreet Boys, Black Eyed Peas
- Pasco student arrested for threatening school shooting, deputies say
- Brady, Bucs look to end 2-game skid against improved Falcons
- Humidity increases through the weekend