WINTER HAVEN, Fla. (WFLA) – A chemical spill forced the evacuation of the Borden Dairy Company in Winter Haven Wednesday morning, officials said.
Hazmat crews were called to the dairy supplier located at 1000 6th Street SW at approximately 5:40 a.m. Workers were evacuated, but there were no evacuations in the surrounding areas.
Police said one employee was exposed to the chemical, but refused medical treatment. No other injuries or illnesses were reported.
Police suspect the chemical may be a cleaning solution, but the nature of the solution is still being determined.
The public is not in any danger.
- Tarpon Springs plastic surgeon charged with murder in connection to missing person case, police say
- Tarpon Spring man charged with first-degree murder
- Freezin’ for a reason: Changing the lives of Special Olympics athletes
- ‘Numb with fear’: Mother of missing Largo lawyer speaks out
- Pinellas County ‘Overnight Wolf Pack’ nets 32 DUI charges