TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Heartland Crime Stoppers has announced a $5,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of a 47-year-old murder suspect.
According to their post on social media, Reinaldo Ramirez-Peraza is wanted for his involvement in the death of 50-year-old Raidel Armas Gonzalez who was shot and killed at a marijuana grow house on Fernandez Street in Wahneta on the evening of Dec. 18.
More than 160 pounds of marijuana was found inside the home, according to deputies.
“This is another example demonstrating the connection between drugs, violence, and death. Illegal marijuana cultivation is a large, dangerous, and violent business,” Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said in December. “The myth that the manufacture and trafficking of illegal drugs, including marijuana, is somehow a non-violent, non-lethal, not serious crime, is a lie. Try telling Mr. Gonzalez’s family, or the innocent people who live in this neighborhood, that the manufacture, sale, and use of illegal drugs are not serious, dangerous, and deadly.”
Authorities are asking anyone with information on the shooting to contact Detective Fulcher at 863-287-8360. To be eligible for the $5000.00 cash reward, call Heartland Crime Stoppers 1-800-226- TIPS (8477).
- New Selmon elevated connector officially opens to drivers
- Democrats urge citizens and corporations to fight controversial ‘anti-riot’ bill
- 30-year-old Manatee County school employee dies from COVID-19
- New ‘anti-riot’ law divides prominent Tampa Bay area law enforcement officials
- Biden seeks GOP input, hopes to reach bipartisan agreement on infrastructure package