TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Heartland Crime Stoppers has announced a $5,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of a 47-year-old murder suspect.
According to their post on social media, Reinaldo Ramirez-Peraza is wanted for his involvement in the death of 50-year-old Raidel Armas Gonzalez who was shot and killed at a marijuana grow house on Fernandez Street in Wahneta on the evening of Dec. 18.
More than 160 pounds of marijuana was found inside the home, according to deputies.
“This is another example demonstrating the connection between drugs, violence, and death. Illegal marijuana cultivation is a large, dangerous, and violent business,” Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said in December. “The myth that the manufacture and trafficking of illegal drugs, including marijuana, is somehow a non-violent, non-lethal, not serious crime, is a lie. Try telling Mr. Gonzalez’s family, or the innocent people who live in this neighborhood, that the manufacture, sale, and use of illegal drugs are not serious, dangerous, and deadly.”
Authorities are asking anyone with information on the shooting to contact Detective Fulcher at 863-287-8360. To be eligible for the $5000.00 cash reward, call Heartland Crime Stoppers 1-800-226- TIPS (8477).
- Cashed Out: Rays manager roasted for pulling Snell in Game 6
- Rays lose to Dodgers 3-1 in World Series Game 6
- Leigh’s runcast: Another hot, humid day impacts how hard you should exercise
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: More record-setting heat expected; front arrives this week
- Rays fans at watch party react to disappointing loss