POLK COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Four teenagers were injured following an explosion in Polk City.
According to a Polk County Fire Rescue spokesperson, one of the teens put gasoline on a bonfire and it exploded.
All four were declared trauma alerts with two teens are being transported by ground to Tampa General Hospital, One flown to Tampa General Hospital and one being taken to Lakeland Regional Health.
The Polk County Sheriff’s Office is investigating.
MORE TOP STORIES
- Additional doses of COVID-19 vaccine may be needed to protect against variants, Tampa doctor says
- FEMA’s funeral program overwhelmed by 1 million calls on first day
- Father of toddler beaten to death in Lakeland says he tried to warn DCF, get custody of child
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Waiting on a stretch of soggy days
- More ‘plus-up’ stimulus payments on the way to taxpayers this week, IRS says