LAKELAND, Fla. (WFLA) — A 22-year-old woman was killed in a motorcycle crash Friday afternoon in Lakeland when a driver pulled out in front of her, Polk Co. Sheriff’s Office said.
Deputies said Gabrielle Meek was driving her Suzuki motorcycle on US 92 near Meridian Avenue around 4:50 p.m. when she got into a crash with a Kia Spectra.
The sheriff’s office said Meek was riding west on her motorcycle on US 92 when the driver of the Spectra pulled out in front of her from a stop sign on Meridian Avenue.
Deputies said Meek crashed into the driver’s side of the woman’s Spectra and was ejected from her bike.
Meek was wearing a helmet, but did not survive the fatal trauma from the impact, investigators said.
A witness reportedly told deputies the driver of the Spectra did not come to a complete stop at the stop sign on Meridian Avenue before entering the intersection.
Charges are pending the investigation.
- David L. Lander, best known as ‘Squiggy’ on Laverne & Shirley, dies at 73
- College students surprise professor with heartwarming thank you message, video goes viral
- McRib is back for the first time in 8 years
- FDA authorizes first at-home COVID-19 and flu combination test
- Officials: 17th Florida panther struck, killed by vehicle this year