PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A 21-year-old from North Redington Beach has minor injuries after he crashed into a power pole in St. Petersburg.
Troopers say the 21-year-old man was driving west on US 19 Alternate in the outside lane, just east of Park Street.
According to the crash report, the male was driving too fast for the wet road conditions when his car hydroplaned and left the road, crashing into a power pole.
The crash caused the pole to split in half, troopers say.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Father, son arm-wrestling contest leads to 8-hour standoff with deputies
- Coronavirus spike linked to in-person dining, study suggests
- Tracking the Tropics Week 6: Storm surge, contraflow and the buoy network
- You may get to see a new comet with only the naked eye
- Chicago man charged with first-degree murder in shooting of 7-year-old girl