POLK COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Authorities are investigating a rollover crash that killed a young Dundee man early Saturday morning.
The crash happened around 3 a.m. in the 3100 block of Patterson Road in Haines City. Authorities said the vehicle left the road and hit a utility pole, then rolled several times.
Paramedics responded and found the victim, 21-year-old Ismael Jaime Jr., laying in the wooded area nearby. He was airlifted to Osceola Regional Medical Center, where he later died.
Investigators suspect speed and impairment contributed to the crash.
The roadway was closed for about four hours.
- Lightning forward Pat Maroon nets new milestone with 100th career goal
- Hernando County fire crews battling large brush fire in Spring Hill
- Florida to lower COVID-19 vaccine age range to 60 and up next Monday, DeSantis says
- USF men’s basketball prepares for first game of AAC Tournament, 57 days after COVID-19 paused season
- Fugitive sex offender arrested after living under alias in Pasco County for more than 20 years, U.S. marshals say