LAKELAND, Fla. (WFLA) – A semi-trailer is wedged under an overpass after a crash involving another semi in Lakeland this morning. Now the integrity of the bridge is being called into question.
The wreck happened on State Road 33 under the I-4 overpass around midnight.
One person was hospitalized with minor injuries.
All lanes of State Road 33 were closed for several hours as the bridge was inspected for structural integrity.
Lakeland police say the roadway has been reopened as of 3:15 p.m.
This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.
- Leigh’s runcast: Finally feels great for a run outside
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Cooler, drier and fall-like weather finally arrives
- Clemson QB Trevor Lawrence tests positive for COVID-19
- Pope ends public audiences, limits numbers at Christmas as virus surges
- Trump meets with rap star Lil Wayne in Florida