LAKELAND, Fla. (WFLA) – Police are investigating a homicide after a Lakeland couple was found dead during a welfare check on Sunday morning.
Police conducted a wellness check at the couple’s home in King’s Manor Mobile Home Park, 15000 block of West Highlands Street, shrotly after 3 a.m. Sunday, after family members reported not hearing from them in days.
There, police found the 69-year-old man and 72-year-old female deceased.
Detectives say it appeared the victims had been dead for multiple days. Their deaths were ruled a homicide. An early investigation suggests the victims knew their attacker, according to police.
Those with information on the case are being asked to contact Detective Russ Hurley at 863-834-8973 or Russell.Hurley@Lakelandgov.net. To remain anonymous, please contact Heartland Crime Stoppers by calling 1-800-226-8477 or visit www.heartlandcrimestoppers.com.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Cooler, breezy and less humid today
- Scott, Graham meet with SCOTUS nominee on Capitol Hill
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 moments that defined the night
- Two years later, the murder of an elderly Clearwater couple remains a mystery
- Hero on aisle 8: Cashier saves customer’s life