POLK COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Polk County Sheriff’s deputies have arrested 16 men during an operation involved in the possession and distribution of child pornography.
The takedown, dubbed ‘Operation Guardians of Innocence V’, resulted in a total of over 1,400 felonies filed against the 16 suspects.
According to the sheriff’s office, those arrested include a pharmacist, a nurse, and two theme park employees.
Deputies say the child pornography included thousands of photos and videos depicting babies, toddlers, and children being forced to engage in sex acts.
Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd will hold a press conference tomorrow morning at 10 a.m. which you can watch WFLA.com
This is a developing story stick with WFLA for updates.
MORE TOP STORIES
- ‘Masks make a difference’: Dr. Fauci talks safely reopening as COVID-19 cases in south spike
- State seeks citizens’ help in policing bars
- ‘It is just way too much’: Parents, teachers concerned as Florida order requires schools to reopen next month
- Florida man yells ‘I fell threatened’ at Costco customer over confrontation about not wearing a mask
- Hillsborough County Schools release new plans for virtual graduations