WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump’s campaign said Thursday that it raised $46 million in the last quarter of 2019 and had $102.7 million on hand as the election year begins.
The sum far exceeds what Democratic candidates, who are embroiled in a hotly contested primary, have reported so far for the final three months of 2019. In addition, tens of millions of dollars are expected to have been raised by the Republican National Committee and other affiliated groups, which will report their finances later this month.
The Trump campaign’s haul was bolstered by bumper fundraising days surrounding the president’s impeachment by the House last month. The campaign said the investigation and subsequent vote have motivated the supporters to rally around Trump.
“The president’s war chest and grassroots army make his re-election campaign an unstoppable juggernaut,” said Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale in a statement.
- Polk County man arrested for alleged theft at gravesite of Frostproof triple homicide victim
- Newsfeed Now: Senators to be sworn in for impeachment, 40-year-old message in a bottle discovered in lake
- Analysis: Brady’s NFC championship turned on 2 crucial calls
- Sheriff Judd: Polk County paramedic arrested for stealing coronavirus vaccines
- Who’s the favorite to be named Super Bowl LV MVP?