TAMPA (WFLA) — Despite proclaiming she doesn’t engage in party politics, Greta Thunberg has declared her support for Joe Biden in an election she says is “above and beyond party politics.”
Thunberg, a 17-year-old Swedish environmental activist, won Time’s Person of the Year in 2019. In her young life she has already addressed heads of state at the U.N., met with the Pope, sparred with Donald Trump, and inspired the largest climate demonstration in human history.
Now, she’s showing her support for presidential candidate Biden, saying the upcoming US election is “above and beyond party politics.”
“From a climate perspective it’s very far from enough and many of you of course supported other candidates,” she tweeted. “But, I mean…you know…damn! Just get organized and get everyone to vote #Biden”
In 2019, Trump called Thunberg’s Time Person of the Year award “ridiculous.”
“So ridiculous,” Trump tweeted. “Greta must work on her Anger Management problem, then go to a good old fashioned movie with a friend! Chill Greta, Chill!”
- Florida transgender athlete bill may be dead for the year, bill sponsor says
- Now that’s it’s signed, what’s in Florida’s Combating Public Disorder law, HB 1?
- New Florida law: Traffic & criminal citation surcharges to pay for law enforcement radios
- Florida online retail sales tax bill expected to generate $1B in revenue per year
- George W. Bush criticizes Republican Party isolationism, anti-immigration rhetoric