WASHINGTON (ABC4 News) – Senator Mitt Romney has been ordered to immediately self-quarantine after Senator Rand Paul tested positive for coronavirus.
In a statement from Senators Romney’s Communications team they said, “Since Senator Romney sat next to Senator Paul for extended periods in recent days and consistent with CDC guidance, the attending physician has ordered him to immediately self-quarantine and not to vote on the Senate floor. He has no symptoms but will be tested. He urges members to pass a relief package as quickly as possible that provides assistance for families, workers, and small businesses.”
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Pasco County COVID-19 vaccine registration opens 2 p.m. Sunday
- Despite IRS warning, stimulus checks and debit cards cause confusion
- Variant strain of COVID-19 detected in Hillsborough County, infectious disease doctor says
- When can grandparents safely visit their grandkids after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine?
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 12,311 new cases; total hospitalizations surpass 70K