TAMPA (WFLA) – President Trump attempted to tweet from the President of The United States Twitter account which led to the deletion of all tweets from the account by Twitter.
The move comes following Twitter’s decision to suspend the president’s personal account due to “the risk of further incitement of violence.”
Trump in the recently deleted tweets went on to say “Twitter has gone further and further in banning free speech and tonight, Twitter employees have coordinated with the Democrats and the Radical Left in removing my account from their platform, to silence me.”
Trump later stated that he’s looking at the “possibilities of building out our own platform” and that he “would not be SILENCED!”
Additionally, President Trump also used his campaign’s Twitter account — @TeamTrump — to post the same statement. Twitter also suspended that account.
The suspension is permanent, a Twitter spokesperson confirmed to NewsNation.
“As we’ve said, using another account to try to evade a suspension is against our rules. We’ve permanently suspended the @TeamTrump account,” Twitter spokesperson tells NewsNation.
Earlier in the week, Twitter had suspended Trump’s personal account for 12 hours after the U.S. Capitol riots.
Lawmakers had been calling on Twitter to join Facebook in taking more permanent action against the president.
Facebook said in a statement it was “appalled by the violence at the Capitol today,” and that it would be “treating these events as an emergency.”
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Alcohol banned at beach to discourage Georgia-Florida party
- Vaccines in your salad? Scientists growing medicine-filled plants to replace injections
- ‘Certainly a twist’: Agents search in Wyoming for Gabby Petito, in Florida for fiancé Brian Laundrie
- Real estate agent uses creepy dolls to market ‘hideous and horrifying’ home in Louisiana
- Trailblazing tourist trip to orbit ends with splashdown