President Trump sends tweets from his Presidential account, hints at launching ‘our own platform’

Politics
Donald Trump

FiLE – In this March 26, 2020 file photo, President Donald Trump speaks about the coronavirus in the James Brady Briefing Room, in Washington. Trump attacked General Motors Friday, March 27, alleging that the company promised to build thousands more breathing machines than it can deliver for coronavirus patients. The attack on Twitter was another step in an escalating feud involving the president, GM, several governors and medical experts over the severity of the coronavirus crisis and just how many ventilators will be needed to handle it.(AP Photo/Alex Brandon, File)

TAMPA (WFLA) – President Trump attempted to tweet from the President of The United States Twitter account which led to the deletion of all tweets from the account by Twitter.

The move comes following Twitter’s decision to suspend the president’s personal account due to “the risk of further incitement of violence.”

Trump in the recently deleted tweets went on to say “Twitter has gone further and further in banning free speech and tonight, Twitter employees have coordinated with the Democrats and the Radical Left in removing my account from their platform, to silence me.”

WFLA screencap

Trump later stated that he’s looking at the “possibilities of building out our own platform” and that he “would not be SILENCED!”

Additionally, President Trump also used his campaign’s Twitter account — @TeamTrump — to post the same statement. Twitter also suspended that account.

The suspension is permanent, a Twitter spokesperson confirmed to NewsNation.

“As we’ve said, using another account to try to evade a suspension is against our rules. We’ve permanently suspended the @TeamTrump account,” Twitter spokesperson tells NewsNation.

Earlier in the week, Twitter had suspended Trump’s personal account for 12 hours after the U.S. Capitol riots.

Lawmakers had been calling on Twitter to join Facebook in taking more permanent action against the president.

Facebook said in a statement it was “appalled by the violence at the Capitol today,” and that it would be “treating these events as an emergency.”

LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

get the app

News App

Weather App

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss