MEXICALI, Mexico (CNN) – Newly installed panels from the US border wall fell over in high winds Wednesday, landing on trees on the Mexican side of the border.
The area is part of an ongoing construction project to improve existing sections of the wall.
A customs and border patrol agent says the sections had recently been set in concrete that hadn’t yet cured.
No one was hurt.
The agent says it’s unclear how long it will take to fix the panels.
- Democrats demand support for American Relief Plan as Republicans push for ‘vote-a-rama’
- Car crashes after swerving to miss falling couch on highway; FHP gives driver $166 ticket
- Senate Republicans delay vote on COVID-19 relief bill
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Gorgeous Friday, rain chances rise into the weekend
- Manatee County commissioner asks Gov. DeSantis to bring pop-up clinic to her district, says it wouldn’t be exclusive