TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – This week on Tampa Bay’s weekly local political show, News Channel 8’s Evan Donovan broke down how the Florida Supreme Court arrived at its ruling that Amendment 4’s phrase “all terms of sentence” includes fines, fees and restitution.
State Rep. Jamie Grant (District 64-Hillsborough & Pinellas) explains why the court’s ruling is sensible and logical, and why he disagrees with the federal court ruling currently under appeal.
Hillsborough County Public Defender Julianne Holt also dropped by to announce her bid for re-election, and why she said the August 2020 trial date for the accused Seminole Heights serial killer is not realistic.
Watch Politics On Your Side, Tampa Bay’s weekly local political show, on WFLA News Channel 8 every Sunday morning at 9:30 a.m. right before Meet the Press.
- No more delays: What to know about the July 15 tax deadline
- 5 test positive for COVID-19 after going to house party with hundreds in attendance
- Video shows police officer save 3-week-old baby choking on milk
- Hospitals told to send coronavirus data to Washington, not CDC
- Man dead after fire at Seminole home