(CNN) – A church in North Carolina is getting attention for appearing to take a political stance on the impeachment hearings.
Resurrection Baptist Church in Kannapolis put up a sign that says: “Trying to impeach Jesus too — won’t happen either.”
The church’s pastor says he sees the impeachment inquiry on President Trump as a sign society has become godless.
The IRS forbids churches from taking political stances if they want to be exempt from paying taxes.
Resurrection Baptist has filed for that status — but Pastor Tim Jones insists his church does pay taxes.
He says it’s his First Amendment right to express his belief that God put Trump in the White House — and his fear Christians will become a minority in the United States.
- STORM TEAM 8 FORECAST: Sunny and pleasant days ahead
- Tampa pastor who led packed services during safer-at-home order is shutting down the church
- FDA hasn’t authorized a two-minute test for coronavirus
- Coast Guard: Cruise ships must stay at sea with sick onboard
- Engineer intentionally derailed train in attempted attack on hospital ship USNS Mercy, federal prosecutors say