MIAMI (WFLA/Nexstar) – City of Miami Police say they are addressing a police officer’s behavior, after a photo of an officer wearing a Trump face mask at an early voting polling location began circulating online.
The image was circulated by Steve Simeonidis, Chair of Miami-Dade Democrats. According to Simeonidis, the photo was taken in a government building in downtown Miami.
Simeonidis calls the act a form of “voter intimidation.”
The mask on the officer appears to read, “Trump 2020: No more bull****.”
The officer in the picture whose name tag identifies them as Officer Ubeda, can be seen wearing a “Trump 2020′ face mask.
In a statement, City of Miami Police said they were aware of the photograph, calling the officer’s behavior unacceptable.
Miami Mayor Francis Suarez told the Miami NBC station the officer was wearing the mask while voting — but a uniformed officer is not allowed to wear anything with party affiliation while in uniform.
“It obviously creates a situation… for us officers have a responsibility… to protect our residents and they have to do that in a impartial manor,” Suarez said.
MORE TOP STORIES
- California sent COVID-19 jobless benefits to Scott Peterson, death row inmates
- Jupiter, Saturn to form closest ‘great conjunction’ in 800 years
- Police: Woman kidnapped from Orlando to Sarasota to be sexually assaulted
- Rays playoff hero Randy Arozarena arrested in Mexico’s Yucatan
- Biden becomes first presidential candidate to receive 80 million votes