WASHINGTON (AP) – Joe Biden’s campaign is taking down its attack ads in the wake of President Donald Trump’s coronavirus infection.
That’s according to a Biden campaign official who spoke on the condition of anonymity on Friday to discuss internal planning.
The Democrat’s campaign is removing all its negative ads, although in some cases, it may take days for ads already in circulation to stop running. The official says Biden made the decision before news surfaced that Trump was being transferred to a military hospital for a “few days” of treatment.
At least so far, Trump’s campaign has not begun removing any of its attack ads against Biden.
The presidential election is just over one month away.
MORE TOP STORIES
- ‘Hangry’ alligator chases people across Wendy’s parking lot in Florida
- HIV/AIDS vaccine: Why don’t we have one after 37 years, when we have several for COVID-19 after a few months?
- Man repeatedly punches driver in fit of road rage, video shows
- Look up! 5 planets easy to spot in the sky this week
- Democratic Rep. Val Demings to challenge Republican Sen. Marco Rubio in 2022