TAMPA (WFLA) – Ten Florida Congressmen joined an amicus brief supporting a Texas lawsuit seeking to overturn four state’s election results.
The Hill’s Supreme Court reporter, John Kruzel, tweeted an image of the list of signatories.
That list includes nine members of Florida’s Congressional Delegation: Reps. Gus Bilirakis, Mario Diaz-Balart, Neal Dunn, Matt Gaetz, John Rutherford, Ross Spano, Michael Waltz, Dan Webster, Greg Steube and Ted Yoho.
Vern Buchanan was not listed on the amicus brief.
Florida Attorney General Ashley Moody announced earlier this week she is urging the Supreme Court of the United State to hear a Texas lawsuit that demands that the 62 total Electoral College votes in Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin be invalidated.
In those four states, Democrat Joe Biden won the presidential election following certifications and recounts affirming original results.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Polk County woman wins $1 million prize from gas station lottery ticket
- Lindsay Lohan’s mom Dina sentenced to 18 days in drunk driving case
- Biden, sounding hoarse, says he has cold
- 1 in 100 hospitalized with COVID-19 will suffer life-threatening brain complications, study finds
- Jon Bon Jovi surprises fans at New Port Richey restaurant during family visit