TAMPA (WFLA) – Ten Florida Congressmen joined an amicus brief supporting a Texas lawsuit seeking to overturn four state’s election results.
The Hill’s Supreme Court reporter, John Kruzel, tweeted an image of the list of signatories.
That list includes nine members of Florida’s Congressional Delegation: Reps. Gus Bilirakis, Mario Diaz-Balart, Neal Dunn, Matt Gaetz, John Rutherford, Ross Spano, Michael Waltz, Dan Webster, Greg Steube and Ted Yoho.
Vern Buchanan was not listed on the amicus brief.
Florida Attorney General Ashley Moody announced earlier this week she is urging the Supreme Court of the United State to hear a Texas lawsuit that demands that the 62 total Electoral College votes in Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin be invalidated.
In those four states, Democrat Joe Biden won the presidential election following certifications and recounts affirming original results.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Listeria recall expanded for ice cream sold to Floridians
- Why are flags at half-staff in Pasco County?
- 1 year later: Remembering fallen Pinellas deputy killed on duty
- ‘Dancing With the Stars’ could be postponed as actor drops out amid writers strike
- Gold necklace thief who robbed Polk County jewelry store ends up in silver ‘bracelets’