TAMPA (WFLA) – House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-MD) said Thursday that rioters that stormed the Capitol stole a poster that was a tribute to the late civil rights icon, Rep. John Lewis, who died last year.
Before the violence began Thursday, many Democrats alluded to Lewis and his civil rights efforts after the victories of Democrats Jon Ossoff and Raphael Warnock in their Georgia Senate runoff elections.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- One person injured in North Porth shooting
- Florida couple fined for displaying small gay pride flag
- WATCH: 30-foot whale shark surprises fisherman swimming up to boat off Anna Maria Island
- Bills WR Cole Beasley rather retire than follow NFL COVID rules
- Citrus County nursing home resident injured, DCF investigating