(NBC) – Spotted towering over the gray and blue suits packed into the first day of President Donald Trump’s impeachment hearing was an enormous blond wig — that of Pissi Myles, a drag performer from Asbury Park, New Jersey.
“It’s a crazy day in Washington! I’m flipping my wig over the high-energy proceedings today,” Myles told NBC News. “Tensions are high, and the bar for who’s allowed in the Longworth House is very, very low.”
Myles, according to her bio, is an award-winning drag performer, comedy producer and winner of Philly Drag Wars and Miss Fish NYC who performs regularly in the New York area. Myles is also a regular performer in Fire Island Pines, a largely gay male summer vacation destination, and has a podcast, “My Gay Spooky Family.”
“Someone did just ask me last night if there’s anything in D.C. that surprises me anymore,” remarked NBC News’ Heidi Przybyla in a tweet Wednesday morning from Capitol Hill on Myles’ grand entrance.
- Dr. Fauci anticipates coronavirus outbreak in the fall
- HART to reduce bus service during coronavirus outbreak
- Trump administration rules gun shops ‘essential’ amid virus
- Stranded cruise ship hit by virus begs Florida to dock
- US nears China’s virus death toll as New York calls for help