(NBC) – Six staff members said Sunday that they are resigning from the office of Rep. Jeff Van Drew, D-N.J., office over reports that he plans to switch parties because he opposes impeachment of President Donald Trump.
In a letter to his chief of staff, five of the employees said Van Drew’s decision “does not align with the values we brought to this job when we joined his office.”
The staffers said they respect Van Drew but “can no longer in good conscience continue our service.”
A sixth staffer is also leaving his office, NBC News confirmed. The staff members include Van Drew’s legislative director, communications director and director of constituency relations.
- Lightning miss out on another OT clincher, head to Game 6
- Driver loses control, crashes into tree in Bartow
- ‘If it sounds too good to be true’: Fake auto sales rise during pandemic
- Giant rat wins animal hero award for sniffing out landmines
- ‘She is the female Scalia’: Lawmakers react to President Trump picking Amy Coney Barrett to replace RBG